Do you want to map the current developments in the games industry? Do you have an affinity with the collection, processing, and analysis of data?
Dutch Game Garden is looking for a research intern starting from September 2022. DGG is currently working on a new edition of the Games Monitor, which looks into developments in the Dutch games industry, such as the number of companies, the number of jobs and revenue, but also into regional differences or the number of students in game-related educations. In short, the Games Monitor is providing detailed insights into the breadth of the Dutch games industry. Much of this data has already been analyzed in the beginning of 2022. In the beginning, your task as research intern will include the preparation of the publication and presentations of the results. Thereafter, you will look into topics within the Games Monitor that can be expanded upon and keep the database of all information up-to-date. You are also involved in other (internal) research projects by Dutch Game Garden.
The duration and further details of the internship can be discussed during the interview.
What we ask
- You are currently enrolled in a university or college program (for Dutch students either HBO or WO).
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- Affinity with the games industry.
- Familiar with Office programs.
- Independently work on research (under supervision)
- Active. Shouldn’t mind helping us carry our INDIGO cabinets.
- You work independently, accurately, and with an eye for detail. You are proactive, eager to learn, solution-oriented, and stress-resistant.
Dutch Game Garden’s profile
Dutch Game Garden is a game-incubator and business center. Dutch Game Garden’s mission is to create economic growth and job opportunities through stimulation of the Dutch games industry. Besides events, workshops, lectures, and matchmaking Dutch Game Garden also guides upcoming game companies with game-entrepreneurship, growth, and visibility. We provide individual coaching, advice and training for game studios in order to help them built a foundation, enable their growth and stimulate them to constantly improve the games they develop. With Game Garden Agency we help the game studios in our program finding publishers and work-for-hire projects.
What we offer
- A challenging, educational internship within a small team of driven colleagues at our main office in Utrecht.
- A place where you are part of the ever-developing dutch games industry
- A place for professional growth and deepening your knowledge of the industry
- Contact with organizations within the game sector. Your network will get a huge boost!
- Appropriate internship compensation for all your hard work!
Are you excited to join our team and get to work? Send your motivation letter and CV to Christel van Grinsven, Managing Operations at Dutch Game Garden, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
up to date:
Receive our monthly Dutch Game Garden newsletter. Containing news on events, housing, incubation, game industry news and more.