Building a Creative Startup: Foundations of EntrepreneurshipA crash-course for entrepreneurs with a creative/technical background. Leadership, strategy, finance & company culture.
About this course
Build the startup of your dreams!
This course provides you with a strong understanding of the underlying principles of entrepreneurship, and gives you the most important tools to let your creative startup succeed.
You learn how to align your company with your personal purpose. You will understand the importance of core values and finding the right business model, and how to uncover these foundations of your company. You will learn about the mindset that a business owner needs to have, while staying close to your personal values.
We’ll dive into the unique aspects and implications of “staying small” or “going big“, and why this is an important choice. You will be able to make an informed decision that’s best for your situation and goals.
This course teaches valuable management skills to get a better grip on your business operations. You will get a solid introduction to practical tools such as:
- metrics (to get a clear picture of where you stand)
- the cash flow prognosis (giving a better grip on your finances)
- the one page strategic plan (which streamlines your decision making processes)
This course combines experience with practical examples through interviews with professionals in the game industry. This course includes interviews with:
- Diederik Groesbeek (Founder of Xform Games, known for Super Man or Monster)
- Vincent van Geel (Freelance Creative Director and Producer, worked on March of War and the Iron Grip games)
- Founders with a creative or technical background, for example: Artists, designers, programmers, writers, or similar.
- People looking to start a creative company.
This course consists of
- 1,5 hour on-demand video
- 5 downloadable sources
- A lifetime of access
- Access through mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
What you will learn
- Know how to align your company with your personal purpose
- Understand the importance of core values and how to uncover these foundations of your company
- Gain valuable management skills to get a grip on business operations
- Have a solid foundation of the underlying principles of entrepreneurship
- Find the right business model for your company
- Know the unique aspects and implications of “staying small” or “going big” and make an informed decision that fits your situation
- Understand the foundations of metrics, cash flow forecasting, and strategic planning