Privacy Statement Games Monitor 2021
Dutch Game Garden collects data through a questionnaire via Survey Monkey with the sole purpose of using it to compile information for the Games Monitor 2021 for the Netherlands. We will treat this information carefully. In this document you will find the measures we have taken to protect your data.
Collecting data for the Games Monitor
With the sole purpose of compiling the Games Monitor 2021 we collect data from Dutch game companies using a questionnaire. For collecting the data, we use Survey Monkey, part of Momentive Inc. They have taken extensive measures to ensure they are GDPR compliant. Momentive Europe UC is the data controller. More information on Survey Monkey’s security measures can be found here.
Cooperation in the Games Monitor research is voluntary. You can stop the questionnaire at any given moment. At Dutch Game Garden only a limited number of employees have access to the original data collected through Survey Monkey. Through Survey Monkey we collect Personal Information of companies. Directly identifiable personal information will be replaced by pseudonymized data as soon as possible. The original data in Survey Monkey will only be saved during the duration of the research to keep track who has already filled in the questionnaire. This is done to prevent double counting one company if more than one employee accidentally fills in the questionnaire. All data analysis will be done with this pseudonymized data only. Dutch Game Garden will only publish statistical information when data are not directly recognizable or traceable to a single natural person or company. Dutch Game Garden will never provide recognizable or traceable data to third parties. We have taken measures against theft, loss, or misuse of personal data.
Dutch Game Garden protects your data with technical and organizational measures. The most important ones are:
- When you fill in a Games Monitor questionnaire these data are processed in a secure environment. Only authorized employees who need the data for the analysis for the Games Monitor have access to this data.
- As early as possible in the process we will delete individual information from data. This means that the research data do not contain names, addresses, email addresses or other personally identifiable information.
- All Dutch Game Garden personnel involved in the Games Monitor research is bound by confidentiality policies of the organization. Due to the sensitive nature of the Games Monitor research, they have signed an additional confidentiality statement.
- Dutch Game Garden only uses the data for statistical and research purposes. Use for fiscal, administrative, control or judicial purposes is legally excluded. We will not use the data for marketing purposes.
Retention of Personal information
For the Games Monitor research, we have different files containing data. Below you will find an overview of these different types of information, the way we use them and how long we will keep the information:
- List of Dutch game companies: based on our knowledge and using publicly available information we have compiled a list of companies we think are active in the Dutch Games industry. This list is the basis for our research and contains personal information (for instance addresses and websites). We keep this list stored in a safe environment until a next edition of the Games Monitor research will be done to make comparison possible.
- Survey Monkey data will be kept during the Games Monitor 2021 research period and will be deleted after the research has been published.